Search!

Jul 23, 2012

Superman Gets A Double Dose Of Fatherly Wisdom In These MAN OF STEEL Trailers


As excited as I was to see The Dark Knight Rises last week, I was maybe even more excited to see the first teaser for Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot, Man Of Steel.  Warner Brothers showed a a few minutes of footage at Comic Con last week and it went over VERY well.  More than a few critics referred to Snyder's work as Malick-esque, which is not a comparison I would've ever thought to hear used to describe the director of 300.  Turns out it's more than a little appropriate.

Warner's actually released this teaser with two different sets of narration, one by Kevin Costner's Pa Kent and one by Russell Crowe's Jor-El.  Since I saw TDKR twice this weekend, I had the pleasure of seeing both versions on the big screen and they did not disappoint:





That's some gorgeous imagery right there, and I appreciate Warners going for the slow burn in their marketing.  At the same time, when I watch this trailer I can't help thinking, "Next summer, you will believe a man can fish!"

While Henry Cavill still feels like an unknown quantity, I'm over the moon about the supporting cast.  To be honest, I'm still a little astounded that they were able to snag Russell Crowe in the first place.  The Comic Con footage is said to have featured more of the action, giving a better sense of the film's scale and I can't wait to see more.  As great as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy has been, I've always been a fan of the Big Blue Boy Scout and I'd love to see him recapture the imagination of a new generation of moviegoers.

Next summer can't get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment