Search!

Nov 16, 2011

The Muppets Are The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Twilight

I am literally counting down the days till the Muppets return to theaters.  Last night I watched The Great Muppet Caper for the first time since I was probably eight years old, and while there are some fantastically clever bits, (like the running joke that Kermit and Fozzie are identical twins, but only when Fozzie is wearing his reporter hat) the actual movie itself is more than a little bloated and meandering, with one too many romantic duets between Kermit and Miss Piggy.  Muppets Take Manhattan is next up on my long-overdue revisit list.

The complete set of trailers is unimaginably awesome, easily the best marketing campaign of the year.  Other than Jason Segal's upcoming stint as host of SNL, I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of new material between now and when the movie opens, but here's a little something to tide you over.

I'm no fan of the Twilight series and I can speak from a position of experience, having (unfortunately) seen all the movies more than once.  My fiancee is a HUGE fan (which is mostly why I've seen them) and I'll be tagging along to see Breaking Dawn Part 1 this weekend.  (Rest assured I'll be drinking heavily beforehand.)  That being said, I absolutely love these posters.  Rowlf is easily my favorite, but I've always had a soft spot for him.




Muppet Domination happens this Thanksgiving.


No comments:

Post a Comment