Search!

Nov 2, 2011

TRAILERS OF THE DAY! We Need To Talk About The Shame Of Project X


I know, I know, I've been slacking off the past few days, but I'm back and I've got a triad of really interesting trailers.

First and foremost is We Need To Talk About Kevin, which is being touted as one of the darkest, most terrifying movies of the year.  Tilda Swinton apparently gives a real powerhouse performance so I'd expect to hear plenty of Oscar buzz by year's end.  This trailer is creepy as hell and I totally love it.  Can't wait to see this thing mess with a theater full of people..



Shame is the latest collaboration between director Steve McQueen and the man at the top of every casting director's wish list, Michael Fassbender.  The recently-rated NC-17 movie has gotten a lot of attention, mostly due to the very on-camera presence of Fassbender's...inglorious basterd if you will.  That being said, the highly sexualized tale is said to be some top-notch film-making and it's a shame that the NC-17 rating will keep it out of so many theaters.  It'll probably take a little extra effort, but I plan on turning out for this one.



And finally we have Project X, the Todd Phillips (The Hangover) produced story of a high school party that gets very VERY out of control, and not in the standard hilarious teen sex-romp fashion.  Personally, I'm encouraged that the movie seems to favor honest-to-god mayhem over Can't Hardly Wait-style zany antics.  It also seems to be utilizing the handheld style of shooting in a smart and interesting way.



As we move out of the dregs of late summer, it looks like we've got some really interesting fare heading our away this award season.


No comments:

Post a Comment