Search!

Oct 27, 2011

FARRELLY FRENZY! Stooges Lead To Dumb & Dumber Movies

While I love the Farrelly brothers personally and I think their some of the funniest guys I've ever met, it's hard to deny that their last few box office adventures have been more than a bit of a disappointment.  And while I think they've taken the right approach in their upcoming Three Stooges movie, the casting feels weak, like we're getting the casting director's third choices.  Well today we get our first look at  Sean Hayes, Chris Diamontopoulos and Will Sasso, as Larry, Moe and Curly.


Eh.  I mean, yes, they look like the original Stooges, but I'm still far from sold on this thing.  At this point I have moderate hopes and low expectations.

But Peter and Bobby Farrelly have already begun planning their next endeavor...a sequel to one of their biggest hits, Dumb & Dumber.  The prequel, Dumb & Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd was...disappointing at best.  Aside from one pretty great scene with Bob Saget, ("Shit all over the walls!") I've blocked the rest of it out of my memory.  The Farrellys are just beginning to shift their focus toward the proposed sequel and they hope to bring original stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back on board to revisit their characters to see what Harry and Lloyd are up to almost twenty years later.  Scripting duties have been handed over to John Morris and Sean Anders, who've previously written Sex Drive and Hot Tub Time Machine (yay!) as well as this summer's Mr. Popper's Pengiuns (boo!).

Could a Dumb & Dumber sequel be good?  Sure?  Will it be?  Doubtful.  I think the bright spot of this news is the involvement of Anders, who might actually shake things up with the Farrellys in a good way.  Either way, I wouldn't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment